Pasta is the most popular italian dish listed on top of any italian restaurant’s menu. My husband’s love for italian cuisine is what makes me cook this. This penne pasta in red sauce recipe is my own version of indian style where you can quickly prepare pasta at your home. This is quite nutricious as well because of the vegetables used in this recipe. This penne pasta in red sauce does not need authentic arrabiata sauce. I have prepared an easy version so that you can just cook this in no time whenever your kids crave for some italian pasta at home.
Let’s get cooking tempting penne pasta in red sauce.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 mins COOKING TIME: 20 mins
- Penne Pasta – 1 big bowl (Any brand of durum wheat will do healthier option. I have used Delmonte durum wheat penne pasta)
- Onion – 1 medium sliced into wedges
- Bell Peppers (Red, Yellow, Green) – 1/2 each sliced into thick juliennes (Julienne is the cutting technique where you slice the vegetables into finger size long thin strands. But here we need thick juliennes to keep the crunch of vegetables intact after cooking)
- Tomatoes – 2 medium size pureed
- Garlic – 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- Broccoli – 1/2 cup small florets
- Carrots – 1/2 cup sliced into thick juliennes
- Zuccini – 1/2 cup sliced into thick juliennes
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder- 1 teaspoon
- Black Pepper – 1/2 teaspoon
- Italian seasoning – Oregano and Basil
- Olive oil/ Any cooking Oil – 3 tablespoon
Method to Cook:
Firstly, we have to boil the pasta. For this take a pan and water in it. Add some salt and few drops of oil to it. Add pasta and boil it for few minutes till it is cooked.
Meanwhile the pasta is getting cooked we can cook the vegetables. Take another pan and put oil. Saute the onions till they are light brown and then add garlic to it.
Add all the vegetables and spices except the seasonings. Saute them till they are lightly cooked so that you feel the crunch in the pasta. Add pureed tomatoes to it. You can also use black olives in case they are available to you. I have not used in this recipe.
Saute for few minutes on simmer flame. Now the pasta must have been boiled properly. Drain the water completely and add the pasta to the sauteed vegetables. Stir it well and mix with the pasta gravy prepared. Season it well with oregano, basils and black pepper.
Serve it hot in a bowl. Yummy pasta is ready to serve.