This is my third post on a sandwich recipe. As I mentioned in my earlier post that, sandwiches are the most easiest to experiment with as far as the filling is concerned. They can be had as break or evening snacks or a whole meal lunch or dinner dish. But wait, Pineapple in a sandwich? Yes, you read it correct. Fruits can also be a very important, healthy and filling part of a sandwich recipe. This Grilled Pineapple Cheese Sandwich recipe is really easy to prepare in no time.
So let’s get ready to have absolutely yummy and cheesy Sandwich.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 mins COOKING TIME: 5 mins
- Whole wheat or Multigrain Bread – 4 slices
- Fresh Pineapple – 1 cup cut into small cubes
- Capsicum – 1/2 cup cut into small pieces
- Britannia or Nutralite Cheese Spread Pepper Flavor – 4 tablespoon (if not available, then you can use other flavors as well like garlic or mixed herbs)
- Crushed pepper – 1/4 teaspoon (optional, if you want bit more spicy)
- Butter for grilling
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
Method to Cook:
Firstly we will cook the pineapple with sugar. Pressure cook it for 1 whistle. Instead of using fresh pineapple, you can also go for canned chopped pineapples. They are already bit sweet and cooked. Just remove the liquid and wash properly before using.
Now mix pineapple, chopped capsicum and cheese spread. Add salt to taste and crushed pepper.
Filling is ready. Take bread slices. Spread the filling and cover it with another slice.
Pan grill it with butter or you can also make it in sandwich maker as per your convenience.
Serve them hot. They are naturally very moist and cheesy. So you really don’t need any mayo, chutney or sauce, etc. with them.